WHAT: Protest NSA surveillance and defend your Fourth Amendment privacy rights at FourthCon, the next Cleveland Restore The Fourth rally! Please bring signs or print flyers if you can, but it’s not required – just make sure you show up and join the rally.
WHEN: Saturday, August 24, 2013 (noon – 3:00 p.m.)
WHERE: Cleveland Public Square (Northwest Quadrant). It’s the quadrant diagonally across from the giant statue.
PARKING: Terminal Tower Parking, 549 Superior Ave. (I’m not from this area, so if you know a better parking spot, go for it.)
FACEBOOK EVENT: Right here. Please invite your friends if you haven’t already. It’s not too late!
WHY: To defend and celebrate our Fourth Amendment privacy rights. To inform the public and rally them to our cause. To keep the NSA where they don’t want to be: in the news. And to have a good time.
DETAILS: Shortly after 12:00, we’ll get together for a quick meeting to go over some things, but here are the highlights:
- No drinking, smoking, or gambling at the protest. These were conditions of the permit.
- Let’s make sure we don’t trash the place. Please clean up after yourself.
- Be respectful.
- Our permit DOES allow us to hand out flyers, but stay in the protest area (Public Square, northwest quadrant).
- Let’s keep a good relationship with the local police. They are not the NSA and they are not our enemy. Any reasonable command should be obeyed.
- Dress how you like, but remember we’re trying to make a positive impression on the public.
- Bring a camera! Take lots of photos and video.
- Check the weather and dress appropriately. Consider bringing snacks and bottles of water.
If you’re in for the rally, please let me know. An RSVP certainly isn’t required, but it will help me get an idea of how many people to expect. You can reach me at:
Thanks. See you August 24!